January 8th 2022 and Future Fixtures.
Happy New Year to all.
News update from RFU says that 'Matches should go ahead as normal'.
The NOWIRUL North West Leagues will follow this directive and would like all scheduled games to go ahead.
We will continue with our policy that games from now on can only be postponed if there is at least one of these problems.
1. No Referee available. However, be patient as referees might become available late in the week.
2. Weather and pitch conditions.
3. COVID Problems. Teams should try, if possible, to fill up higher teams and postpone lower team games. Please discuss this problem with your League Manager before you postpone the fixture.
Postponed games will be re-arranged if a date is available, otherwise the Pools Panel or Double Headers options will be implemented.
***Any return fixture later in the season will not have the venue reversed.
Please see RFU Update below.
Update on Community Game fixtures for this coming weekend and beyond
Distribution list: Constituent Bodies Chairs, Honorary Secretaries, Treasurers, Communications Liaison
• Club Presidents, Chairs, Honorary Secretaries, Fixture Secretaries, Women & Girls Key Contact, Fixture Secretary – Adult Female, Fixture Secretary Assistant – Adult Female
Conscious the Christmas period is traditionally one for family time, additional flexibility in regulations for the weekend of 17/18/19 December were proactively communicated as a one-off exception.
From this weekend (7/8/9 January), the Covid protocols laid out through Regulation 22 below will be applicable. We are keen to encourage rugby to be played whilst ensuring provisions are in place for those clubs that have genuine and proven Covid-related reasons why they are unable to fulfil a fixture.
Therefore, from this weekend, the below applies at level 3 and below in the men’s game and level 2 and below in the women’s game, and age grade rugby where a competition organiser deems appropriate. This will be kept under continual review for the remainder of the season.
Fixtures scheduled from the weekend of 7/8/9 January onwards
• Matches should go ahead as normal
• For a club to postpone a fixture in the Men’s and Women’s English Club Championship (RFU Leagues) they must adhere to the following process:
1. Submit a Covid declaration form with all signatures, to your Divisional Organising Committee and not to your league secretary, National League Rugby, or firstname.lastname@example.org as appropriate.
2. Provide all supportive information for the Covid-19 Declaration Form (including an explanation as to why the match should be postponed, including if a team can't be fielded and why, e.g. details of players testing positive/isolating, including how many players remain available).
3. The decision to accept or decline the postponement will rest with the relevant organising committee or in the case of the Women’s game, the RFU. Clubs should not assume a postponement until advised by the relevant organising committee.
Clubs, schools, colleges and universities playing fixtures are advised to take sensible precautions to protect members and players. In line with public health advice, this includes:
• Encouraging players, coaches, members, match officials, to undertake Lateral Flow Tests ahead of attending and to self-isolate and follow government guidance if the test is positive.
• Minimising use of changing rooms - encourage players to arrive in kit. If changing rooms or treatment rooms are required, facemasks must be worn and rooms should be ventilated where possible.
• Minimising use of social spaces, ventilating where possible and keep spacing within rooms.
• Implementing regular cleaning protocols of communal areas and toilet facilities.
• Ensuring hand sanitisers are readily available.
• Reminding members to follow government and public health guidance on mask wearing.
• Minimising travel with other people.
We want to ensure easy access to guidance.
Alongside government guidance, which can be found here, and Sport England guidance here, you can find information, resources and FAQs on our England Rugby Coronavirus Hub which will be updated if government advice changes. Please check back regularly.
If you can’t find the information you are looking for please contact us at ClubSupport@RFU.com
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep it under review, working closely with government and public health experts.